June 18, 2013

A day late... NOT a dollar short!!

So this week I'm running about a day behind. You know those days when you end up with a few extra things to do, AND the kids decided not to take naps? That was my yesterday. I did get my Mojo Monday card done (those 20 minutes when both boys were actually asleep at the same time) I just didn't get a chance to share. So I'm going to share that one with you today!

Here's our Mojo Monday sketch for this week....

And here's what I did with it.....


All of the colors here are in the Stampin' Up! subtles  collection (except for the stem of the flower, it just retired from last year's In Colors, Lucky Limade is the color). I love how I can go to my filing cabinet, pull out a collection of papers and know that everything goes together perfectly!

To give this a little punch of texture I embossed a piece of Wisteria Wonder with my Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and added a few rhinestones for some shine. Dig the inked edges around the flower? 



I didn't have a Wisteria Wonder ink pad, so I just used the brush end of my Stampin' Write Marker, inked up my sponge dauber, and swirled it around the edges. For a little extra detail, I used the "pen" side of my Lucky Limeade marker for some veins in the leaves.  So what do you think? Not bad for short on time and wild kids running around huh?


Stampin' Up! Products:
Paper: Subtles collection- Calipso Coral, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Oh, Hello
Ink: Stampin' Write markers- Calipso Coral, Lucky Limeade (retired), Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Rhinestones, Calipso Coral Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder













http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2013/06/mojo-monday-298.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment here...