June 21, 2013

Playing with the PALs!

Today I am playing with the Pals Paper Arts challenge. I immediately fell in love with this sketch by Margaret Moody, maybe because I've never done a diagonal like this. I'm also loving playing along with all the challenges lately. They've really been giving me some inspiration, I hope they are doing the same for you!

So here's this week's challenge....


And here's what I did with it....



Yes, I'm in love with my Subtles pack! This one features Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, and So Saffron.
First, I laid a base of Pool Party, and inked the edges (a craft sheet works WONDERS for helping with this!) 
I popped up my Thank U sentiment from A Round Array with a dimensional, I just HAD to use texture in as many ways as I could think of. I love the visual texture of the inked edges and the Delicate Doilies as a background, then the Perfect Polka Dots for some 'real' texture!

Hope you all enjoyed the card! Why don't you play along too next time?

Stampin' Up! products used:
Paper: Subtles pack

http://www.palspaperarts.com/2013/06/ppa161-a-sketch-challenge.html

4 comments:

  1. Dot-a-riffic! Remember those? Your handmade Delicate Doilies DSP is super. Nice color combo too! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, Colleen. The colors are so pretty and I love how you made your DSP with the doilies! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty color combination, Colleen! I love the inked edges. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies!! Pals sketches make it easy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment here...