July 31, 2013

Doily love

Do you remember how fun it was to play with Grandma's handmade doilies? I remember my Great-Grandmother had them all over her house, starched and usually draped over the back of a chair. Though these doilies aren't tatted like my Grandma's they still bring back that feeling of her house. 

A week or so ago I showed you a modern doily design that was dyed black and coral, but today I kept it classic and timeless.



To make it less "bunchy" behind my oval I cut the center out of the doily, then scrunched and arranged it to frame the oval. The spray of roses is a beautiful stamp from the monthly Best Of Flowers set.
I added a bit of piercing and  rolled the end of the banner to add a little dimension.



Before I go, I wanted to remind you that today is the last day for the buy 3 get one free promotion on the Designer Series Paper (select sets). No hoops to jump through, no codes to remember, just add 4 Designer Series paper packs to your order and and Stampin' Up! only charges for 3!
(Click on the ad to save!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment here...